We just launched as an online consumers' cooperative. And we are inviting YOU to become member-owners.
✓ Invest in a local business.
✓ Be part of a thriving local maker community.
✓ Get the best of L.A.
HOW IT WORKS
Invest and pay a one-time fee.
Greater Los Angeles residents get a lifetime membership for a one-time fee of $75.
Discounts, patronage refunds, exclusives. These are some of the benefits on the horizon!
A vote and the ability to run for a seat on the co-op's board. In addition to opportunities to engage in local causes.
"The dream is to support the local makers in a way that goes deeper than retail. We ultimately want to make these products easily accessible to local customers. But first, I think we need to address infrastructure issues by adapting a business model that makes sense for this market."
- JL Hernandez, Craft, Main & Co. Founding Member
WHY A CO-OP?
Straight answer: Strength in Community.
1. Because it has never been about the profit for us. It is about the community that we build and the strength that this business will have if we do this together.
2. Because we believe that this local maker scene will thrive better and will be better sustained in the hands of the local consumers. We believe that your vision as a local Angeleno is aligned with the makers' vision for our community, and that makes for a perfect partnership.
WHY THE LOCAL MAKERS?
Three things: Local Opportunities, Fresh Products, Sustainability
1. Because they are becoming an important source of employment and other opportunities that keep the cash flow local. Your purchases are twice as efficient in keeping the local economy alive. Our local vendors buy local themselves, employ community members, and play essential parts in local causes and civic endeavors.
2. Because they use mainly locally-sourced materials and ingredients to make their products.
3. Because 100% guaranteed that your products did not travel more than 50 miles from you, ergo there is less environmental impact from transporting goods.
AND WHY ONLINE?
Only one reason: Access.
1. The local makers are in unique market situation. As much as we are local, most of the local makers cannot afford to be in multiple locations or grocery retailers. Yes, some of them could be in your own local farmers' market, but you don't have to miss out on a host of other amazing products available in other farmers' market locations!
2. Because it is still not easy to find all the local products in one place, we just think that sometimes, really, the best way to shop local is online!